Google

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Update: Sigma-Tel and Vista compatibility issues

So I realized that in my particular problems with Vista, there were some audio issues that seemed to crop up ( see prevous post). I got to realizing that the audio problem came when I launched a dvd or cd, basically when I used the DVD drive. After many a frustration with this I finally reverted back to XP but I am still continuing to look for fixes for this particular problem. I'm not so sure that this is a sigma-tel issue as much as it may be a DVD-RW drive problem. Those of you with Dell Inspirons like my self may find similar audio problems when launching your dvd's or cd's. I would suspect that this might be a firmware issues and although I haven't tried the DVD firmware for Vista yet, I'm willing to bet that installing the updated firmware will solve the problem. I will be trying it out myself but if anyone else finds this to be a fix, feel free to post your comments here. I'll be doing some Google searches to find some answers as well.